Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hi!

Hi! My name is B.
I am a 20-something female trying to make my life what I want it to be. I am married. My husband's name is DM. Together we hear the pitter-patter of 28 little feet running around our house.

Did I say feet?

I meant paws.

The pitter-patter of 28 paws running around our house.

We currently have 7 dogs. No children. No cats. No ferrets or gerbils. Not even a goldfish. Just dogs. They are all some form of rescue- whether it be from a shelter or we merely rescued them from living the life of a stray. We have seven stinky, muddy, fuzzy, shedding dogs that make my vacuum cleaner want to throw itself under the wheels of a Mack Truck. But, I love them. The vet bills? The food bills? Those I don't love so much. But they are worth it! They spend the days lounging around in the yard or on the deck and at night they go to sleep on plush beds in their own room. Trust me. They have the life. Plus, it makes my life better knowing I have saved seven little pups from a life of misery and loneliness.

As for me? I am a young married,working woman. Laundry and dishes are the bane of my existence. My goal in life is to open a non-profit animal sanctuary. We have started the process and I will be posting updates on the process, advice for those who also want to open a non-profit, the trials and tribulations of life, etc. on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment